[SOLVED] How should I clear my cmos

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
So I did my first overclock and I may have pushed the cpu a little too hard because it was a failed oc. So I went on to the MSI website to find how to clear cmos and it says to keep the power cord in and short the pins. I thought you where not suppose to keep them plugged in. I have a msi b350 mate and a amd ryzen 7 1700. How should I clear the cmos.

Solution

Removing the power cord is a basic safety precaution and I believe MSI is remiss in not telling you to. You should always remove hazardous voltages before opening the case to go inside of any appliance...you should also remove residual capacitor charges by pressing the power button after removing the cable.

It may be unnecessary in the vast majority of PC installations, but the...

Removing the power cord is a basic safety precaution and I believe MSI is remiss in not telling you to. You should always remove hazardous voltages before opening the case to go inside of any appliance...you should also remove residual capacitor charges by pressing the power button after removing the cable.

It may be unnecessary in the vast majority of PC installations, but the one in a million is where someone has a hazardous fault and that dead person would surely have been a lot happier if he'd been reminded to do it first.

Solution

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
So I should remove the power cord