[SOLVED] How should I configure ASUS BIOS to use 32GB Hyperx FURY ram to be at 3200MHz?

Aug 5, 2021
When I configure 2 slots of 8 GB they work fine at 3200 Mhz, but when I have all 4 slots to have 32 GB they get stuck at 2400 Mhz. Do you know how should I configure the BIOS to have 3200 Mhz?

Aug 5, 2021
Thank you all for answering
Please give us details on your PC Specs :D
either by setting their XMP profile
or by manually entering the manufacturer specifications.

have you verified that your motherboard supports this specific memory kit?
Do you have a single kit of RAM or have you combined kits.?

I have 4 8GB ram sticks, each of them Kingston Hiperx FURY 3200 MHz. on a ASUS Tuf B450M Plus Gaming using Ryzen 3400G. I've tried configuring the BIOS using D.O.C.P. DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18 @1.35V as mentioned at https://www.kingston.om/dataSheets/HX432C16FB3A_8.pdf with SOC voltage al 1.100 and VRAM Voltage at 1.35. It goes to the default 2400 MHz just when all 4 slots are being used.
That is suppossed to be Ready for AMD Ryzen, how can I check if the memory is compatible?, Ido know that I can set it up to 3200 MHz using just 2 slots though

alexbirdie

Respectable
Try:

1.35 and 1.1 is ok. set DOCP.

But now please try a lower speed manually. set ram-speed to something like 2900-3000 Mhz. Same for infinity-fabric-clock (fclk) to run synchronized ( half of ram-speed).

Might be, you cannot reach 3200, but perhaps more than 2400. Good luck.

Reactions: DragonAndino
Aug 5, 2021
the motherboard manufacturer's product support page will have a QVL available for viewing\downloading.
it will list verified compatible kits.

but the question posed was,
is this a single 32GB kit or a mix of similar kits?
Try:

1.35 and 1.1 is ok. set DOCP.

But now please try a lower speed manually. set ram-speed to something like 2900-3000 Mhz. Same for infinity-fabric-clock (fclk) to run synchronized ( half of ram-speed).

Might be, you cannot reach 3200, but perhaps more than 2400. Good luck.

Thank you all, I appreciate it.

Ive tried moving all of the memory sticks one by one on the slots and I've find out that 3 of the 4 slots can be with one memory stick allocated and be at 3200 Mhz except for the third one (DMI_B1). I have 24 Gb of RAM working at 3200 MHz but when I connect the last one it goes back to 2400. Do you think this could be a motherboard issue?

Thank you all, I appreciate it.

Ive tried moving all of the memory sticks one by one on the slots and I've find out that 3 of the 4 slots can be with one memory stick allocated and be at 3200 Mhz except for the third one (DMI_B1). I have 24 Gb of RAM working at 3200 MHz but when I connect the last one it goes back to 2400. Do you think this could be a motherboard issue?
I researched your RAM and that tells me you have mixed 4 individual kits at 8GB each. Mixing kits like that is not a good idea due to Latency Differences.
Your Ryzen 3400G officially supports up to 2933Mhz and your ram have an XMP profile which indicates they are for Intel CPUs.
XMP may not work well and there is no guarantee you can reach their rated frequency.
It depends on the strength of the IMC on your chip as to how high you can go.
SOC Voltage is what powers the IMC so try 1.2V (do not exceed 1.2V)

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonAndino

alexbirdie

Respectable
Your Ryzen 3400G officially supports up to 2933Mhz and your ram have an XMP profile which indicates they are for Intel CPUs.

As I already wrote:

Try ( with activated XMP - DOCP) to set speed to 2900-3000 Mhz.

TRENDING THREADS