How should i continue with programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i recently learnt C language programming from a website called programiz, and i have done most of their examples too however there was no info on the header files conio.h , can anyone help me with some sources and mini projects idea for a beginner?

D

Deleted member 14196

Not a lot of applications written in C anymore it’s mostly C++ and C#. Learn C# if you want to make apps and be more employable

Not a lot of applications written in C anymore it’s mostly C++ and C#. Learn C# if you want to make apps and be more employable
Hey mate thanks for your reply, Im in college and taken computer science as my subject, well i would love to make apps but since most of os are written in C I'd like to make my self more strong in C and i have completed C a week back and its fresh in my mind so i don't want to rush into any new language so soon:)

D

Deleted member 14196

Meh. Most languages are very very similar at least what you should do is learn to C++ because C is only good for doing embedded real-time stuff And I bet nowadays they use C++ to do embedded stuff

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this is my biggest problem with learning a language. it helps to have some kind of project to complete to help solidify the learning.

i've not personally tried any c language but i have seen titles that are aimed at actually completing projects as you learn. that's what i would be looking for. i wish i knew some to suggest but i'm sure a good google search will turn up some ideas.

something like "beginner projects in c" or some such thing should turn up some ideas.

Reactions: General Kenobi
this is my biggest problem with learning a language. it helps to have some kind of project to complete to help solidify the learning.

i've not personally tried any c language but i have seen titles that are aimed at actually completing projects as you learn. that's what i would be looking for. i wish i knew some to suggest but i'm sure a good google search will turn up some ideas.

something like "beginner projects in c" or some such thing should turn up some ideas.
Yes i did searched but there are so many stuff which is making it complicated i even looked for some mini projects but through the website which i was learning it dint explained all the headers file and many of the projects have conio.h which is included in most of the projects and i have to keep on looking for more resources which is a pain. Anyway thanks for the reply mate 😃

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that is true. there are so many options out there its hard to pick a good one. i'd ask some instructors if they can suggest anything. really need someone who has tried some of them to offer recommendations. i have used udemy a few times and found some great courses there, but i was also pointed to the right ones by others.

don't think i have ever paid more than $12 for a udemy course. they always have special sales and offers to keep price down :)

that is true. there are so many options out there its hard to pick a good one. i'd ask some instructors if they can suggest anything. really need someone who has tried some of them to offer recommendations. i have used udemy a few times and found some great courses there, but i was also pointed to the right ones by others.

don't think i have ever paid more than $12 for a udemy course. they always have special sales and offers to keep price down :)
Yes i do know about Udemy and they offer really good price however in the initial days of learning programming i learnt something about myself that i am a good reader and can understand concepts by reading itself atleast 80% of the time sometimes Yes videos do help and as programming is available freely i don't think it's worth for me to pay for a course and if i get stuck i have YouTube and Google 😄

kanewolf

Titan
So i recently learnt C language programming from a website called programiz, and i have done most of their examples too however there was no info on the header files conio.h , can anyone help me with some sources and mini projects idea for a beginner?
Find a project on GitHub that is interesting. Then look at the open issues and fix one, or work on adding a feature.

D

Deleted member 14196

a million yrs ago (probably over 30 yrs) I read a book, "SAMS Teach yourself C" and did ALL the examples, debugging included and really learned C well. I like the SAMS books. Also "Portable C" is great book.

Ralston18

Titan
Not pro or con "C"....

However, you might look ahead a bit and consider Python.

https://towardsdatascience.com/why-python-is-not-the-programming-language-of-the-future-30ddc5339b66

And I deliberately picked that "not" link just to be generally fair about the matter.

There are other articles to the contrary: research (aka "Google") "Python Popularity".

Learning to redo some of your "past" C projects in another language may prove overall more beneficial than delving into deeper "C" projects.

Plus, there are some very good Python books available. Sams (with full acknowledgement to @Mandark) included.

D

Deleted member 14196

yes, python is a WONDERFUL language with TONS of support! I adore it. You can develop super clean, readable code and do so much with so little code too. absolutely learn that.

some coding editors support python extensions, so you could practice by creating and debugging a real extension that does something useful in the editor.

i love using it for testing software and windows automation

plus you can use linux and develop all you want, no need to run windows. cross platform applications. make some of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts