How/Should I enable 8700k Turbo Mode?

Apr 2, 2018
I just bought a new build with a 8700k, and was wondering if it could handle the turbo boost from 3.7 to 4.7, and if so how to enable it.

Motherboard - Asus PRIME Z370-P
CPU - intel i7-8700k (3.7 stock)
CPU Cooler - Corsair h80i v2
GPU - 1080TI
Ram - 16GB
PSU - 650

Solution
You don't need to enable turbo mode. It will do it automatically. If you run your 8700k at stock settings, it will run all cores at 4.3ghz all the time. That is your turbo. The 8700k also scales cores and frequencies automatically. So if you are playing a game and only one core is being used by the game, the 8700k will boost that single core up to 4.7ghz. This is where the 4.7 boost comes from.

All you need to do is drop the CPU in your board and run it and it will give all this to you on stock configuration. You can overclock the 8700k, but it is a hot chip and you will need some decent cooling.
You don't need to enable turbo mode. It will do it automatically. If you run your 8700k at stock settings, it will run all cores at 4.3ghz all the time. That is your turbo. The 8700k also scales cores and frequencies automatically. So if you are playing a game and only one core is being used by the game, the 8700k will boost that single core up to 4.7ghz. This is where the 4.7 boost comes from.

All you need to do is drop the CPU in your board and run it and it will give all this to you on stock configuration. You can overclock the 8700k, but it is a hot chip and you will need some decent cooling.

Solution