[SOLVED] How should I go about pricing for my PC building/repair service?

Oct 22, 2020
This is my first post, so I'm not sure if this is the correct category to post it.

I'm still a student in high school, and I was thinking of making a few extra bucks by building/repairing/upgrading PCs in my local area exclusively. I've seen a lot of friends and other students looking for a new build, so I thought it might be a good idea. It's tough to compare to the bigger companies though.
I already have a website setup with it's own domain name and SSL and everything, but the only thing I'm concerned about is pricing and how to set it up. I thought I'd ask this community because you guys are usually helpful with questions.

Some notes:
I'll be doing this business while I'm still in high school and will most likely end it if it fails or when I finish high school.
I will be delivering the finished build/repair/upgrade myself and there will be no charge for it, to at least slightly compete with the bigger companies.
I have a draft of what pricing may look like. There is an hourly rate with a base charge for labor.
I won't be offering upgrades or repairs exclusively for my builds, I will accept any computer.
At the beginning, I'm unsure if I should provide warranties, but there could be a one month warranty in case of human error on my part.

Standard PC Build $20/hr <- hourly rate $100 <- base charge
Repair $10/hr $50
Standard Upgrade $5/hr* $25
Major Upgrade $10/hr $50

Standard Upgrade: Simple stuff: ex: changing CPU, RAM, cooler, fans, etc. *If <1 hour is spent on the standard upgrade, then there would be no hourly charge.
Major Upgrade: Stuff that takes more time: changing motherboard, completely changing a case, rewiring a system, etc.
The customer would pay for the parts replaced plus the labor charge.

Are these prices reasonable compared to bigger retailers online?
Should customers pay upfront for parts and then labor after the build is complete? I was thinking of me selecting the parts (or any specific components that they want), showing them the list and the price, and then they pay either an upfront cost and the rest of the parts cost along with labor later, or the parts cost all at once. Not sure, though.
Also, do I need an LLC to provide these services?

And most importantly, I'm a little bit undecided on how payment should go through. Online would be convenient but I'm using WordPress for my website and I could only find plugins for an online store or a set of products., but I need some way to make a different order each time. Checks could work too, but that may be inconvenient for the customers.
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just genuinely trying to get this to work somehow, and I thought I would ask for help. Comments/playing devil's advocate is appreciated :)

Solution
Payment - PayPal probably.

As far as building and selling...are these all local? Or will shipping be involved?
Shipping a whole PC is NOT cheap. UPS/FEDEX/USPS.
Oct 22, 2020
If you're going to build it, then they need to order the parts.
Many warranties do not allow transfer to a subsequent owner.
Oh okay, yeah I actually didn't think about that. That's a much better plan. If you don't mind, can I ask a few more questions?
In terms of payment, do you have any recommendations of how customers would go about paying for the labor cost online? Using something like PayPal integrated into my website would be convenient, but I don't know how I would go about using it. I haven't thought of many other ideas in terms of payment.

You may not know the answer to the question, but if you have any recommendations please reply.

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah that's what I was thinking. In terms of pricing, I feel like it may be overpriced since you could probably get much better from large retailers online.. what's are your general thoughts on it?
MicroCenter carges $150.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx

But, you also get a price reduction on parts you get there.

Building and selling is tough.
For people that can't/won't build it themselves, your competition is CyberPower/Dell/Amazon/BestBuy.
All provide a better warranty than you can.

Repair services, you might make it work.

Oct 22, 2020
MicroCenter carges $150.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx

But, you also get a price reduction on parts you get there.

Building and selling is tough.
For people that can't/won't build it themselves, your competition is CyberPower/Dell/Amazon/BestBuy.
All provide a better warranty than you can.

Repair services, you might make it work.
Damn, too bad I don't have a microcenter anywhere in my state. Thanks for the advice though. I'll attempt a way to integrate PayPal into my website and see if it works out. thanks!