[SOLVED] How can I remove the PCQQ ransomware virus and recover all data ?

Jul 26, 2020
My friends PC has been infected with the PCQQ ransomware virus. It has become an extension for EVERY SINGLE FILE in my PC. Not even a single file is opening now. It has encrypted every file format and no file now, can be opened even after changing it's extension. There are work related softwares and files related to 3d modelling and design at line here. I also don't have ANY backup for my work files and all the files are encrypted now. I've tried to remove this virus by watching YouTube tutorials but I can't follow some steps as there are files MISSING which the tutorials say I have to delete. How can I resolve this ??? Please help me. She's a college student like me and her 2 years work is encrypted from that virus. Please help.

Solution
My friends PC has been infected with the PCQQ ransomware virus. It has become an extension for EVERY SINGLE FILE in my PC. Not even a single file is opening now. It has encrypted every file format and no file now, can be opened even after changing it's extension. There are work related softwares and files related to 3d modelling and design at line here. I also don't have ANY backup for my work files and all the files are encrypted now. I've tried to remove this virus by watching YouTube tutorials but I can't follow some steps as there are files MISSING which the tutorials say I have to delete. How can I resolve this ??? Please help me. She's a college student like me and her 2 years work is encrypted from that virus. Please help...

USAFRet

Titan
My friends PC has been infected with the PCQQ ransomware virus. It has become an extension for EVERY SINGLE FILE in my PC. Not even a single file is opening now. It has encrypted every file format and no file now, can be opened even after changing it's extension. There are work related softwares and files related to 3d modelling and design at line here. I also don't have ANY backup for my work files and all the files are encrypted now. I've tried to remove this virus by watching YouTube tutorials but I can't follow some steps as there are files MISSING which the tutorials say I have to delete. How can I resolve this ??? Please help me. She's a college student like me and her 2 years work is encrypted from that virus. Please help.

I also don't have ANY backup for my work files and all the files are encrypted now.
There's your first problem.
A good backup routine is like car insurance. And you can't buy it 5 minutes after the crash happens.

Removing the infection is not the main issue here. That is trivially fixed with a new drive and a fresh OS install.
The real problem is your data. And that is almost certainly gone.

You may be in luck if you were infected with a variant of this from 2019. That is unlikely, though.

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/20819-pcqq-ransomware

For future reference:

Solution