[SOLVED] how shuld I stor my acct's and paswords

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Hi

I had a home invasion and now sufering id theft. My acct's ar beig mesed with. I have a nas server that i normaly store my user stuff on. Any'y sujestions on how to store my acct's and paswords ?

Solution
Start by changing ALL passwords, immediately. Email should be the first since people can request passwords and have them sent to your email address. If they have your email, they probably have access to other accounts.

Then store them in an encrypted format. Have one master password that you remember, store the rest in a password keeper such as KeePass which is freeware.

gardenman

Splendid
Start by changing ALL passwords, immediately. Email should be the first since people can request passwords and have them sent to your email address. If they have your email, they probably have access to other accounts.

Then store them in an encrypted format. Have one master password that you remember, store the rest in a password keeper such as KeePass which is freeware.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
fyi over 30 emails and 200+ accts. I finaly got a baink acount back in my control. Im roling my passwords every 6hr on this and a few other inportant acct's

EDIT: it was a lot of work to stop them from controling my baink every time I chaing user name/password thay had a autoit for it. Like a key loager.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Use 2 step verification on everything. Then keylogger won’t help. Format your machine and reinstall windows

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Use 2 step verification on everything. Then keylogger won’t help. Format your machine and reinstall windows
I do have keyloggers on my desctop. I have OMV NAS, 2 tablets, mifi Router(at&t cellular internet) and a phone that all us the same network.
Should I try factory default the phone and tablets ? Reflash router and OMV NAS ? And should I delete all videos that are on my nas ? Can Videos have keylogger ?

D

Deleted member 14196

factory reset and BLAST ALL DATA on the phone and tablets. Format the pc and do a Clean install as well to get rid of keyloggers. Also set everything up with TWO STEP authorization on all your accounts, as I said before.

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
2 step YES YES. as far as new(clean) pc... dam I have spent over 25 hr changing passwords :(
I'm hoping my 2 step verification app on a passably compermized device is ok !

Should I wory about my sbc(odroid) OMV NAS and my router ?

TRENDING THREADS