how soon will verizon launch LG VX8000 ?

Jim

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
2,444
0
19,780
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi,

Does anyone when will Verizon launch VX8000 ?

Btw, does Verizon have a plan for launching Video Messaging and Video
calling in the near future ? I heard that some 3G providers in Asia and
Europe are already providing video messaging services. I am really eager to
see it here in US.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone when will Verizon launch VX8000 ?
>
> Btw, does Verizon have a plan for launching Video Messaging and Video
> calling in the near future ? I heard that some 3G providers in Asia and
> Europe are already providing video messaging services. I am really eager to
> see it here in US.
>
>
Hate to be cynical here (maybe I don't), but I wouldn't hold your breath
for VZW to release any new phone. If you do, you'll join the rest of us
that have been burned way too long waiting 9 months to a year for a
phone to be shipped by VZW after it was released by the manufacturer and
shipped by other providers.

I know there will be those here that will jump all over me blaming the
manufacturers for not producing phones that are "up to VZW's standards"
but I'd rather have a slightly buggy phone and later get firmware
upgrades than wait forever to get a "perfect" (yeah, right) phone. But
then, I'm a techie that likes new technology and I'm sure the feeling at
VZW is that the general public needs them to buffer the user for their
own good. And I'm sure VZW doesn't like doing all the firmware upgrades
as it is labor intensive and customer service for them.

Just ask those that waited for the Kyocera 7135 a year after it was
announced and when VZW finally shipped it a year ago it was already
obsolete (1-2 Palm OS versions behind). I know you can blame Kyocera for
some of this for announcing vaporware, but a lot of people bought the
7135 at full retail months before VZW sold it and used it on VZW.

So I'm mainly just griping and saying, just don't hold your breath.

Steve
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:29:49 +0000, Steve Johnson wrote:

> Just ask those that waited for the Kyocera 7135 a year after it was
> announced and when VZW finally shipped it a year ago it was already
> obsolete (1-2 Palm OS versions behind). I know you can blame Kyocera for
> some of this for announcing vaporware, but a lot of people bought the 7135
> at full retail months before VZW sold it and used it on VZW.

I have a 6035 that still locks up at least once a week.
It's about the fifth 6035 I've tried - they all lock up.
So much for Verizon delaying phones until they get the software
right.

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> > Does anyone when will Verizon launch VX8000 ?

Phones are released approximately six to nine months
after FCC certification. The VX8000 was certified
mid-Feb this year, so I would expect it at a minimum
around September till the end of the year.

Roger
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

>Phones are released approximately six to nine months
>after FCC certification. The VX8000 was certified
>mid-Feb this year, so I would expect it at a minimum
>around September till the end of the year

Thank you!