[SOLVED] How strong is Hyundai Palisade's subframe?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
When I save enough money, I'm thinking about buying an SUV. I previously had a Hyundai Santa Fe, and it never had any problems. But I needed a bigger SUV to carry out my family. But I heard a review in South Korea about Hyundai Palisade's sub frame being abysmally weak, and its underside frame being brittle. I know for a fact that Hyundai manufactures cars differently. In South Korea, they make defective, unreliable cars. Outside of Korea, it's the polar opposite. It is the one of the best ever made. Maybe the export versions are better, while domestic South Korean versions are crappy...

Solution
The Palisade is based on a steel cab over truck frame unlike the Sante Fe, it's pretty solid. If your planning on doing offroading though you would want to upgrade the subframe collars to brass since the factory ships with aluminum. The difference here is under extreme loads like offroading the aluminum collars get distorted and cause poor handling, uneven tire wear and sloppy steering response. My only other concern is the suspension pillars and how rust would affect them over time, that wouldn't be an issue with a proper undercoating from the factory but that costs extra. Rusty pillars aren't anything new when it comes to SUV's, the big three have there share of that very same issue with some of them being downright dangerous at...

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
When I save enough money, I'm thinking about buying an SUV. I previously had a Hyundai Santa Fe, and it never had any problems. But I needed a bigger SUV to carry out my family. But I heard a review in South Korea about Hyundai Palisade's sub frame being abysmally weak, and its underside frame being brittle. I know for a fact that Hyundai manufactures cars differently. In South Korea, they make defective, unreliable cars. Outside of Korea, it's the polar opposite. It is the one of the best ever made. Maybe the export versions are better, while domestic South Korean versions are crappy...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The Palisade is based on a steel cab over truck frame unlike the Sante Fe, it's pretty solid. If your planning on doing offroading though you would want to upgrade the subframe collars to brass since the factory ships with aluminum. The difference here is under extreme loads like offroading the aluminum collars get distorted and cause poor handling, uneven tire wear and sloppy steering response. My only other concern is the suspension pillars and how rust would affect them over time, that wouldn't be an issue with a proper undercoating from the factory but that costs extra. Rusty pillars aren't anything new when it comes to SUV's, the big three have there share of that very same issue with some of them being downright dangerous at around 8 years old "Ford Escape for example".

Solution