[SOLVED] How test before and after?

jriker1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
I have a system that is getting a bit dated. Want to refresh it so planning on the following one step at a time:

Upgrade the dual processors
Upgrade the raid controller
Replace the SAS drives with SSD

Without any judgements, any input on how to best do a before and after test knowing the components I’m updating to see how much of an improvement each step made or didn’t make to the systems performance? Be nice if there was one app that would show metrics before and after and do comparisons.

Thanks.

JR

jriker1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Although some people hate this one, it gives you an overall picture of your system. https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Thanks for the response. I'll have to check that one. If I remember right, think that was the tool I was playing with not to long ago that didn't like raid controllers. Even to the point of not showing statistics for the hard drive performance. Said like inconclusive or something like that.

JR

Thanks for the response. I'll have to check that one. If I remember right, think that was the tool I was playing with not to long ago that didn't like raid controllers. Even to the point of not showing statistics for the hard drive performance. Said like inconclusive or something like that.

JR
Yeah it isn't always up to date for hardware sometimes. You have to make sure nothing is running in the backround also.