Question How these AI Image Upscalers works behind?

Dec 8, 2021
Hey,

Hope everyone is fine.

I'm thinking to create a tool for upscaling images. But I'm curious to know how these image upscalers work behind? I'm currently using ImgUpscaler.com and want to develop a tool like this with some additional features such as upscaling up to 8x, 16x, etc.

These upscalers are dominating the professional tools such as Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. What would be the budget for creating a tool like this? I'm not a developer but I want to have an understanding of this.

Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Mod Edit - Link Removed

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
These upscalers are dominating the professional tools such as Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. What would be the budget for creating a tool like this? I'm not a developer but I want to have an understanding of this.
"cost" is the annual salary (employee cost) of a small dedicated team at Adobe.

IOW....several hundred thousand dollars.

To a non-developer, what they see is a clicky button. Easy, right?
To a developer, there are thousands of lines of code and testing behind that clicky button.

Reactions: sarmadamir1998
Hey,

Hope everyone is fine.

I'm thinking to create a tool for upscaling images. But I'm curious to know how these image upscalers work behind? I'm currently using ImgUpscaler.com and want to develop a tool like this with some additional features such as upscaling up to 8x, 16x, etc.

Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Mod Edit - Link Removed

You won't get a "how they work" in a forum post. It takes quite a few months of work to learn programming to do this. You don't just decide to design a car engine that is different from another one but ask "so how do these cars work anyway".