How to access a legacy Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 database?

Diplocaulus

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Over the past 8 years I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 to burn CD/DVDs as backups for project files. In all I have about 600 individual disks indexed by Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 in a Roxio proprietary database called My Disk Gallery.

Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to a new PC running Windows 10 and unfortunately have been unable to get Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 to run properly, which means I no longer have access to this important database. Running Media Creator in various compatibility modes have been fruitless.

QUESTION: Is there any 3rd-Party product that will enable me to access the data in Roxio Easy Media Creator 10's My Disk Gallery?

Each indexed disk in My Disk Gallery has three files associated with it: a *.CMT file, a *.DB file, and a *.PRP file. All are binary files, i.e., I've tried opening each in a text editor to see if I could access the data, but no joy.

Roxio technical support (now owned by Corel) has been unresponsive, and Roxio's community support has been anything but supportive (basically telling me I'm SOL). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Solution
I just heard from Corel Customer Support. Their response is, "I am sorry to inform you that Easy CD & DVD Burning does not support "My Disk Gallery" files, nor does it have an equivalent feature. None of our current Roxio products support, or have, this feature."

Per johnnyb105's recommendation I've found some open source shareware that looks like I'll be able to continue burning and cataloging DVDs, however there doesn't appear to be anything yet that will read my old Roxio database. Regarding that legacy database, the good news is that I have installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 on an old Vista machine and it appears to be working fine.
Yeah I had nero some time ago that wouldn't work with windows vista but would work with xp and below so yeah they got a new version out there for win 10 and most programs not all will run in compatibility modes .. So sorry to say its probably not going to work but there are a lot of free and very cheap programs similar to Roxio on the net that may work... Wish I was of more help.

Diplocaulus

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014

Thanks for your reply. What is especially annoying is how little information Roxio offers about its current product line. Will a current Windows 10-compatible Roxio product open my legacy Roxio database? Does a current product even offer library indexing? Seem like straightforward questions, right? No response from e-mail tech support, no help from the Roxio user community.

Diplocaulus

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
I just heard from Corel Customer Support. Their response is, "I am sorry to inform you that Easy CD & DVD Burning does not support "My Disk Gallery" files, nor does it have an equivalent feature. None of our current Roxio products support, or have, this feature."

Per johnnyb105's recommendation I've found some open source shareware that looks like I'll be able to continue burning and cataloging DVDs, however there doesn't appear to be anything yet that will read my old Roxio database. Regarding that legacy database, the good news is that I have installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 on an old Vista machine and it appears to be working fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS