Question How to access bios on startup if fast boot is on in gigabyte mbs?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
i have a gigabyte z390 aorus ultra and i want to use the fast boot option so that i can quickly start up my desktop, but the thing is i wont br able to access the bios on startup this way and i m afraid that in cases of hardware failure or something it might cause problems so is there a way i can access the bios during startuo with fastboot on?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
That means, your windows is installed in legacy mode.
Gigabyte z390 aorus is still UEFI board (it supports legacy mode too).

Windows in legacy mode also means - fast boot is not supported.
Hmm i see is that why i was getting 0xc000000e
error on startup when I tried using fast boot? And any way to change legacy mode in my windows?I do have an ssd after all, so i presume it has to be supported

Fast boot is designed to load a previously created image of the last successful boot.
This is faster than loading the individual windows components separately.
If you want to access the bios, the easy way is to hold down the shift key while you hit the power down button.
Then, you should be able to hit DEL/f2 to enter the bios and do what you want.

As a side note, try using sleep to ram instead of shutdown.
The pc will enter a very low power state close to power off.
The benefit is only a few seconds to shut sleep or wake.

Reactions: Dillusion

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
What does that mean - "not opening"?
Did you read instructions, how to use it?
Do you get any error or something?
okay i messed up something and i really need your help on what to do next.. i was unable the use the mbr2gpt so i opened command prompt to use it.. it was giving a few errors but lets set those aside for now cause i now have a bigger problem.. my pc is booting up to bios again and again and not windows 10, possible causes for this are..after validating mbr2gpt using cmd it couldnt find partition, so i followed someone's advice and set the only partition in the c drive from inactive to active and tried validating mbr2gpt.. it didn't work so i set it back to inactive just in case, i shutdown my pc after giving up, after shutdown i tried enabling fast boot again in the bios and starting it up, and that's where it started booting to bios again and again.. i tried disabling fast boot but that didn't work, i also noted in easy mode that 2(or 1) things-p0 and another thing(not sure) were missing from there and only my ssd containing the c drive was there.. altho the computer did detect the p0 sata thing(i think its the hdd). I took the photo of the bios here:
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/jrTG34X

Help pls!

Last edited:

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
You have to set active previous partition, that was active before your alterations.

You can do that by booting from windows installation media and using diskpart.
hmm i changed a few partitions on my hdd(not containing windows) to active and and c drive as active and then back to inactive so you want me to set my c drive partition back to active?

Also can you elaborate the last part? Should i create a flash drive with win 10 installation setup or a bootable flashdrive?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
No. You have to set active partition, that was active at the beginning (before you set C: to active).

Do you have any other way of set partition to active than booting from windows installation media? If yes, then do that.
This might sound like a noob question but can using normal startup repair can fix it too? Without any possible future errors?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019