How to access BIOS or Remove HDD password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1amr

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I set an HDD password for my "Toshiba Satellite L850-A848" laptop. Now I can't get to the BIOS settings. So, how can I open the BIOS? if not possible, I want to know how to remove the HDD password?

Note: I know the password

hairystuff

Distinguished
If you know the HDD password, try installing it into another laptop or motherboard with SATA Ports and use the doner machine to unlock the HDD password, as for the laptop password I would contact Toshiba Tech support with all your relevent proof of purchase receipts, serial number and your name and address details at hand for a master recovery password unique to your laptops serial number.

roylee1970

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Have you listened at all? You cant ask how to remove a password!
Wow what a bunch of people that do not listen. I just did the same thing a couple of minutes ago. I also know my password and it's how I am able to log on to Windows by using hdd password. I am unable to access my bios now because it goes straight into Windows. Like the original poster no one is asking hot to reset password we are asking how to get into bios because the computer will do nothing until the password is entered and goes straight to windows from there bypassing bios.

USAFRet

Titan
Wow what a bunch of people that do not listen. I just did the same thing a couple of minutes ago. I also know my password and it's how I am able to log on to Windows by using hdd password. I am unable to access my bios now because it goes straight into Windows. Like the original poster no one is asking hot to reset password we are asking how to get into bios because the computer will do nothing until the password is entered and goes straight to windows from there bypassing bios.
This thread is 5 yeas old. One hopes that the OP is still not trying to get into this laptop.

And even if he is...we here do not assist with password circumvention.

Reactions: DMAN999
Status
Not open for further replies.