How to access the advanced BIOS on Acer Nitro 5 ?

Dec 8, 2020
I've been going nuts with this. I'm trying to get access to the Nitro 5 advanced BIOS so I can change the VRAM taken by the iGPU. The iGPU takes 2GB of RAM from my laptop.
I've learned my lesson, I will never buy another Acer piece of equipment ever again, but I still need that RAM back, and I can't afford another stick right now due to personal issues.

I've tried a few combos (Fn+Tab, F10+A, a weird combo I found on Reddit) but I haven't found success.

I'm posting this hopping someone knows this keycombo, please, if you do, share it. I'll be very VERY grateful to you.

Dec 8, 2020
I was talking about the advance menu, but I'm about ready to give up.

If you're reading this, don't buy Acer, they are pieces of <Mod Edit>, and will force you to flash your BIOS to fix the mess their engineers made. Who takes 2GBs of RAM from a computer to give all of it to a <Mod Edit> iGPU while you have a dedicated one with 4GBs DDR5??? Worse yet! They lock you in a "baby's first BIOS" and refuse to give you access to the real advanced stuff! What the <Mod Edit> are Acer engineers putting up their <Mod Edit>???

I'm sorry for the rant, Acer has broken me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgd1101

Titan
because that how laptop work. it use the igpu unless you do something that need more power.
while it is call a gaming laptop. it really low end one. if you want more control, should have get a high end one

or Should have get a desktop.

lga1156_ftw

Notable
Feb 25, 2020

If you're reading this, don't buy Acer, they are pieces of <Mod Edit>, and will force you to flash your BIOS to fix the mess their engineers made. Who takes 2GBs of RAM from a computer to give all of it to a <Mod Edit> iGPU while you have a dedicated one with 4GBs DDR5??? Worse yet! They lock you in a "baby's first BIOS" and refuse to give you access to the real advanced stuff! What the <Mod Edit> are Acer engineers putting up their <Mod Edit>???

Pretty much every laptop manufactor lock these settings not only acer, unless its very high end gaming laptop which costs 2000$/e+

Feb 11, 2021

You need to learn more about your computer before posting something like that... according what you said your Nitro 5 use AMD Ryzen right?

So thats no Acer faults, AMD processors with Vega iGPU reserve part of RAM to its video. That its normal on ALL Ryzen processors with iGPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS