[SOLVED] How to access these hard drives? SSDs from another system

pikian

Commendable
Feb 26, 2018
Hello,

I recieved 4x Samsung SSDs from a client yesterday. (4TB 860EVO V-NAND SSD). Naturally, I would like to access the content on these internal hard drives, without risking to reformat or lose any of the content. I dont know how these disks were formated or on what kind of system.

So far I have connected the drives to my system. They are not showing up inside the explorer app (which I guess is to be expected), they are showing up inside the Disk Danagement tool but I am not quite sure what I have to do to access their content.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Seb

Solution
I guess it is possible, tho sending the drives without any instructions would be a bit strange if they used to be part of a RAID array?

Would a "normal drive", that had not been part of an array be accessable from the start?
Sending them with no info is strange already.

A normal drive that had been in a windows box would normally be seen as just another drive letter, and the contents accessible.

pikian

Commendable
Feb 26, 2018
Might these have been part of a RAID array?

I guess it is possible, tho sending the drives without any instructions would be a bit strange if they used to be part of a RAID array?

Would a "normal drive", that had not been part of an array be accessable from the start?

USAFRet

Titan

Sending them with no info is strange already.

A normal drive that had been in a windows box would normally be seen as just another drive letter, and the contents accessible.

Solution