• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question How to access video from Security camera ?

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I have a SDETER 720P security camera. It works fine with the APPs (V380 pro). Most of the APPs for security camera want you buy cloud storage. I like to set up my own recording using my laptop/desktop to local hard drive. There are many Windows base software (free or fee) that can do what I want. But they need to connect to the security camera first. Neither the SDETER camera nor V380 pro app provides information on how they communicate photo or video data. I am not familiar with this topic. All I know from searching internet is they may be using ONVIF or RTSP. But I don't know where to go from here. Please help.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a SDETER 720P security camera. It works fine with the APPs (V380 pro). Most of the APPs for security camera want you buy cloud storage. I like to set up my own recording using my laptop/desktop to local hard drive. There are many Windows base software (free or fee) that can do what I want. But they need to connect to the security camera first. Neither the SDETER camera nor V380 pro app provides information on how they communicate photo or video data. I am not familiar with this topic. All I know from searching internet is they may be using ONVIF or RTSP. But I don't know where to go from here. Please help.
This webpage -- https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/sdeter has different protocols for different SDETER cameras. You will need the IP address of the camera.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
This webpage -- https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/sdeter has different protocols for different SDETER cameras. You will need the IP address of the camera.
I installed the Ispy agent. The Add" then "IP camera with wizard" did not find my camera (I tried all listed under the make box after entering Sdeter). I then used the table, shown by the link, to generate the URLs. I did not know how to use the generated URL under Ispy agent software. I used VLC and entered the generated URLs one by one under "Media/open network stream" and then play with no luck.
I am not sure if I am correct to use VLC this way to test the generated URL. Is there any suggestion on how I should check out the URLs generated by each entry on the table pointed to by the link ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY