[SOLVED] How to access video from Security camera ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I have a SDETER 720P security camera. It works fine with the APPs (V380 pro). Most of the APPs for security camera want you buy cloud storage. I like to set up my own recording using my laptop/desktop to local hard drive. There are many Windows base software (free or fee) that can do what I want. But they need to connect to the security camera first. Neither the SDETER camera nor V380 pro app provides information on how they communicate photo or video data. I am not familiar with this topic. All I know from searching internet is they may be using ONVIF or RTSP. But I don't know where to go from here. Please help.

Reactions: Saklain
Solution
I have a SDETER 720P security camera. It works fine with the APPs (V380 pro). Most of the APPs for security camera want you buy cloud storage. I like to set up my own recording using my laptop/desktop to local hard drive. There are many Windows base software (free or fee) that can do what I want. But they need to connect to the security camera first. Neither the SDETER camera nor V380 pro app provides information on how they communicate photo or video data. I am not familiar with this topic. All I know from searching internet is they may be using ONVIF or RTSP. But I don't know where to go from here. Please help.
This webpage -- https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/sdeter has different protocols for different SDETER...

kanewolf

Titan
This webpage -- https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/sdeter has different protocols for different SDETER cameras. You will need the IP address of the camera.

Solution

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
This webpage -- https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/sdeter has different protocols for different SDETER cameras. You will need the IP address of the camera.
I installed the Ispy agent. The Add" then "IP camera with wizard" did not find my camera (I tried all listed under the make box after entering Sdeter). I then used the table, shown by the link, to generate the URLs. I did not know how to use the generated URL under Ispy agent software. I used VLC and entered the generated URLs one by one under "Media/open network stream" and then play with no luck.
I am not sure if I am correct to use VLC this way to test the generated URL. Is there any suggestion on how I should check out the URLs generated by each entry on the table pointed to by the link ?

Status
Not open for further replies.