Question how to access wireless router's interface from a wired pc connected to the modem?

fael097

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
hey, I have a modem from my ISP, and my PC is connected via cable to it. modem's ip is 192.168.25.1

I also have a tp-link wireless router connected to the modem, it's ip is 192.168.1.1

I can access the modem's interface from my pc via it's ip, but not the router's.

I can only access the router's interface from a device connected to the wi-fi network, or if I attach a cable directly into the router.

technically they are in the same network, so how do I access it from my pc?

technically they are in the same network
That's a big FAT NO. You are running 2 subnets.

The easiest fix is to reduce your LAN to a single subnet by (1)Configure modem for bridge mode, if able, and hook up PC BEHIND WIFI router, or (2) Configure WIFI router as simple Access Point.

If you are unable/unwilling to do the above, there are 2 things u can try, but NO GUARANTEED will work:

1. Modem(IP1)---(subnet1)--->(IP2)WIFI Router(IP3)---(subnet2)--->. Subnet1 doesn't know how to get to subnet2.
Add entry to your PC's routing table that says DESTINATION 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 GATEWAY IP2 IP. If you are not familiar with PC routing table, up to you to research, am unable/rusty to provide more details.

OR

2. --->(WAN side)WIFI Router(LAN side)--->. Often, a device management page is accessible through its LAN port only, for security purposes, and you want to come in from the WAN side. IF ROUTER ALLOWS, you enable access through WAN. Then WIFI router will be accessible through IP2 address.

Last edited: