Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
So I've just purchased
asus rog strix b450-f
ryzen 5 2600
2x8gb g.skill trident z 3200mhz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

I installed ram on 2nd and 4th slot. It is now set to 2133mhz. Ive checked in cpu z and it says dual channel. I configured bios and set ram frequency to 3200mhz, but it restarted and said the pc crashed so it has set it to default speed again and it got back to 2133mhz.

Now I don't know how to start through this, I've got literally no idea about voltages blabla. So if someone can walk through with me to make it to 3200mhz.

Some friend told me that you just have to take it slowly like set it to 2666, 3000, then 3200 and it worked for him. He's gor hyperx rgb rams though and gigabyte auros mobo. So im not too sure if i do the same. Im too scary to do anything at this point without any proper advise.

Additional: I tried downloading the mobos lan driver. But when I run it, it does not run at all. Nothing pops up. But I'm connected to the internet though so I really don't understand. I opened device manager and opened network adapters and its showing intel(r) l211 gigabit network connection and lots of WAN miniport. Is this ok? Shall i not install the lan driver anymore, even if i do try, it does not run.

(I'm currently posting this while i have windows 10 fresh installed and updates are still running. Just incase this info helps in answering my problems. Thank u)

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Additional: I tried downloading the mobos lan driver. But when I run it, it does not run at all. Nothing pops up. But I'm connected to the internet though so I really don't understand. I opened device manager and opened network adapters and its showing intel(r) l211 gigabit network connection and lots of WAN miniport. Is this ok? Shall i not install the lan driver anymore, even if i do try, it does not run.

(I'm currently posting this while i have windows 10 fresh installed and updates are still running. Just incase this info helps in answering my problems. Thank u)
You could try getting the driver directly from Intel:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/64403/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-I211-Series

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
should i also set my performance enhancer to level 2? And set FLCK to 1600mhz?

Correction:
FCLK is only available for 3000 series CPUs so it shouldn't be available for you.

As for the Performance Enhancer you don't have an x processor (which uses PBO) so you should leave yours set to Auto.
Performance Enhancer is a PBO tweak by Asus and The Stilt and only applies to x (2600x, 3600x, etc.) processors.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Did you get your ram to run at the 3200?

Hmm strange i asked on the rog forum about fclk and was told i would not see it using a 2000 series.
Will look again when i get home Thursday.
Yeah my mistake, FCLK isn't an Option used by 2000 series CPUs.
It wasn't avaialable when I had my 2600 installed.
I'll edit my previous post.

I've been posting in a few 3700x related threads and obviously got confused, LOL.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Status
Not open for further replies.