How to add a group to folder properties.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I have created
individual folders for our students using the profile in AD. This gives
both the Administrators and the specific student rights to the folder.
However, i need to allow the Staff to also have access to each students
folder and so far the only way i have found to get them their is to
individually add them using the security tab on the folder properties. Is
there a better way? I do have the school staff with full rights etc at the
parent folder but somehow that right is not getting down to the child
folders. Thanks for any help. charlie

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:23:01 -0500, "charles kuchar"
<charlie@removethis.delasallecenter.org> wrote:

>Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I have created
>individual folders for our students using the profile in AD. This gives
>both the Administrators and the specific student rights to the folder.
>However, i need to allow the Staff to also have access to each students
>folder and so far the only way i have found to get them their is to
>individually add them using the security tab on the folder properties. Is
>there a better way? I do have the school staff with full rights etc at the
>parent folder but somehow that right is not getting down to the child
>folders. Thanks for any help. charlie

See tip 3471 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP