How to add a local user account to a group policy setting

Hi all
I want to be able to add a local user account specifically IUSR_machinename
to the log on locally right and am wondering how to do this.

I tried to add it using the exact name of the account but it does not seem
to be taking effect. I also tried using the format
Machinename\IUSR_machinename but that did not work either.
Any clues anyone?

-SA.

what type of computer does the IUSR reside on? If a 2k or higher, then just
admin the GPO from that computer, then you will have access to the local SAM
on that computer when editing the GPO.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"SA" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I want to be able to add a local user account specifically
IUSR_machinename
> to the log on locally right and am wondering how to do this.
>
> I tried to add it using the exact name of the account but it does not seem
> to be taking effect. I also tried using the format
> Machinename\IUSR_machinename but that did not work either.
> Any clues anyone?
>
> -SA.

Also, you can just modify the files that GPO editor makes, with the correct
name after you save the GPO.