[SOLVED] How to add a new USB card to my laptop so I can properly run VR? (hopefully)

Mar 17, 2020
I'll make this short. I've been dealing with random grey-outs when running the HTC Vive on my laptop. I hooked up my desktop to the same hardware in the same room and it runs fine. Looking at the SteamVR logs it always mentions the USB polls being too high and it causes a reset, thus the grey-out. Only thing I haven't tried (been spending 5 months reading the same solutions over and over) is installing a new USB card, but of course this being a laptop that makes it not so easy.

I opened her up and all I have currently open is a M.2 port and SATA3 port. Can I use either of these to install a USB card? I'm OK with having an extra cable randomly sticking out of my laptop, I just really want this to happen. I know I could swap out the WiFi card for a mini-PCIe USB card, but I'd like to keep the wireless if I could without needing an external dongle. When looking up an answer to this question myself, I could only find adapters that plug into USB that become an M.2/SATA3 port. I need the exact opposite of this, and I'd be surprised if I could just use enough male/female adapters to reverse the compatibility of these USB peripherals.

Thanks in advanced!