[SOLVED] How to add antenna to my pci-e card for better wifi conenctivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2019
Hello friends, i am looking to add an antenna to this network card (Atheros Ar5b22) for enhancing wireless range. It can only detect my router if my PC is a few feet away. The problem is that this device doesn't have a port to connect any antenna.

However, i do recognize two CH0 and CH1 ports on the chip. Unfortunately, they are not connected to any external terminal.
IMG-20190129-150353.jpg

I found this product on aliexpress which i think will be able to connect to these ports. I am not sure though.
form1.png

Please suggest what can i do. If it get this product, will it connect to my card and be able to use internet properly. I use this PC for gaming, just casual gaming though. I cannot connect an ethernet. I also don't wanna spend bucks on a new card since i think i can upgrade this with help of this generous forum.
Thanks!

Here is a full picture
IMG-20190129-150421.jpg

Solution
I can't find exact model(s) but that's an wireless module (the rectangle in the middle) for laptops/notebooks on a PCI-e adapter.
Possible combinations according to specs for that Atheros chip:
2 WiFi antennae for MiMo (multiple in, multiiple out) use for 2.4GHz.
or
1 WiFi antenna for WiFI and other one for Bluetooth.
Both are at about same frequency so same antenna can be used.
Jan 4, 2019

This just came to my mind! Whats the difference between CH0 and CH1. should i connect antenna to both or one?

I can't find exact model(s) but that's an wireless module (the rectangle in the middle) for laptops/notebooks on a PCI-e adapter.
Possible combinations according to specs for that Atheros chip:
2 WiFi antennae for MiMo (multiple in, multiiple out) use for 2.4GHz.
or
1 WiFi antenna for WiFI and other one for Bluetooth.
Both are at about same frequency so same antenna can be used.

Solution
Jan 4, 2019

Thanks alot! I ordered the antennas i will share the results here. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.