Question How to add graphics card

jackhampolis

Prominent
May 25, 2018
Hi, I have an. HP Pavilion 700-230 and I tried to swap from integrated graphics to an rx 560. I uninstalled the intel drivers for the iGPU but the computer only shows a black screen with the new gpu installed. It says there is a signal but nothing is coming through. Some people have suggested disabling the iGPU and an article from HP support suggested running in legacy mode. I changed it to legacy mode as suggested but could not find an option to disable the iGPU, and still the same result. I also upgraded the original 300w psu to a 450w psu from EVGA. Any ideas?
Specs are as follows:
Intel i5-4440
Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD
450w EVGA 450 BT
8gb ddr3 1600
Hp memphis b motherboard

Last edited:

jackhampolis

Prominent
May 25, 2018
The intel graphics are still there, they just are running the basic windows drivers. If I remove the gpu and switch from hdmi to dvi then I can still use them

Last edited:
Check for a newer BIOS form the PC vendor. OEM systems and add-on video cards don't always play nice even if in theory the specs look like they should work.

A trick you can do if you have another system is to see if you can connect with a remote desktop connection to this computer, then see if the system even sees the card in device manager.