[SOLVED] How to add mesh to a plastic front panel ?

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Hi all, i have a CIT Raider case and the front panel had temper glass.
How would you add mesh to a plastic front panel ?.
I have cut the mesh to the size i need but wondering how to add it to the panel.
Their are 4 holes about 1cm away from the 4 corners so i was thinking maybe screw them in or just glue the mesh.

Last edited:
Solution

This would be a DIY mod so end results will be rely on your skill, workmanship, tool available etc. First take off the front panel that contains the glass and see how the glass is mounted, you may or may not have to break the glass in order to get it out. From there you will need to see how you can place the mesh in, small screws with washers or even hot glue (itll need to be high temp hot glue) usually is enough. After that its just a matter of cutting some mesh to size and shape and seating it.

For the actual mesh material you could look for "speaker grill" or "expanded aluminum/steel". You can...

This would be a DIY mod so end results will be rely on your skill, workmanship, tool available etc. First take off the front panel that contains the glass and see how the glass is mounted, you may or may not have to break the glass in order to get it out. From there you will need to see how you can place the mesh in, small screws with washers or even hot glue (itll need to be high temp hot glue) usually is enough. After that its just a matter of cutting some mesh to size and shape and seating it.

For the actual mesh material you could look for "speaker grill" or "expanded aluminum/steel". You can also probably find magnetic computer filters that would fit on the inside to help with dust.

Solution

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Hi i have taken the glass off with no problems.
I have cut the mesh to the size i need but wondering how to add it to the panel.
Their are 4 holes about 1cm away from the 4 corners so i was thinking maybe screw them in or just glue the mesh.