how to add "Minimize all windows" in taskbar (like old Win..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find the "minimize all windows" option is not in the
right-clicked taskbar context menu.
Is there a way to add back this very useful function?

Thanks.

No. It is redundant so was cleared off the menu. Use Show Desktop.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"leowkc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2704401c46327$643b51a0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I find the "minimize all windows" option is not in the
> right-clicked taskbar context menu.
> Is there a way to add back this very useful function?
>
> Thanks.

BoingoInsanity

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
It is not redundant. Why do all the windows have to minimize, when I just want a certain group of windows to do so?

In previous versions of windows, I could minimize all the windows within the group on the taskbar, without affecting other groups.

It makes absolutely no sense for me to have my im window, outlook, and whatever else minimize, just because I want to minimize all my browser windows, it makes me have to restore all those windows over and over, which is counter-intuitive....

Edit: To add to this post, I did more searching on google, and I found that if you hold Shift while Right-clicking, the option is there... So much for redundancy...

Hold down the Windows key + D and it will minimize all windows and show the desktop

Josiah Kuenzi
MCTS, MCITP

smartnp81

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Hey he is asking about minimizing all windows and not show desktop
the shortcut key for show desktop is win+d
but for minimize all windows its win+m

whats the use or difference?... google XWidnowsDock :)

maggy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
No it's not about minimizing ALL to show the desktop but abot minimizing forb example all Gimp windows or all explorer windows. In XP you right click a group and select minimize all (within this group that is) et voila. In Win7 it's missing. Xwindowsdoc is no solution, it's a christmas tree ornament.

carskee

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Shift+right click will show the "old" right click menu which includes many options including "minimize all windows". Not sure why this was omitted from the right click menu, but at least we can do it via Shift+right click!

~carskee