How to add Notebook to open .html file options?

Nov 13, 2018
The only options I see are Firefox, Chrome and IE. I really want to add Notebook, but without digging into the registry. Thanks

Have an HTML file saved somewhere to use for the procedure.

Right click on it, and select 'Open With' and go to 'Choose Default Program'. In the window that pops up, if Notebook is present select it; if not, click the 'Other Programs' dropdown, and look for it there, or failing that, browse to Notepad.exe

Lastly, select the program with a single click, not a double click, and untick the box below the browse window 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.

After doing that once, Notepad should be added to the list of programs, when you right click and 'Open With'.

Or...you can right click the HTML file, and go to 'Edit' if available, but you'll have to setup Notepad as the default HTML editor (it might be Wordpad).

Nov 13, 2018

Nov 13, 2018
Thanks for the prompt reply and for taking the time. I however don't have an option to choose Notepad, that's the problem.

When right-clicking, the only options to choose from are Firefox, Chrome and IE. There's no 'Other Programs' listed and I am unable to browse to Notepad. 'Edit' is not available either. Therefore I am unable to setup Notepad as default. So here I'm stuck

Thanks again.

Nov 13, 2018

Oh well. Notepad is not listed in the System32 folder. Notepad however is installed but somehow didn't find its way to the System32 folder.

I guess I'm off to the shop to let them mess with the Registry.

Thanks again.

UPDATE: the shop had it up and running so Notepad shows in the options

Thanks everyone who took the time to reply. You're awesome