How to adjust RPM of H100i stock fans without Corsair Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewm24

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Hello, I just got my H100i up and running to find that Corsair Link will not detect ANY part of the h100i (I tried using different 2.0 headers, re installing and restarting my PC many times). Anyways, since I can't use Corsair Link, is there any other way to adjust the h100i stock fan speeds without Corsair Link? I'm a bit new to overclocking and PC's in such so I don't have much knowledge of this.

Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard

Solution
I have the same cooler. It works great but mine doesn't detect either. The corsair link program is basically garbage if it cannot detect itself -.-
Connect the fans on the radiator to cpu fan headers and you can control it from your BIOS.

pleein123

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
I have the same cooler. It works great but mine doesn't detect either. The corsair link program is basically garbage if it cannot detect itself -.-
Connect the fans on the radiator to cpu fan headers and you can control it from your BIOS.

Solution

drewm24

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

Sucks that I can't use the program, but thank you. Are you running stock fans on your H100i? If so, what RPM?

pleein123

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014

I am using Noctua fans on them and they are very quiet even at high rpms.

Spaztic One

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2014
I currently have the H100i, and I'm now running the fans off my MOBO because Link silently crashed on me once and without Link, the fans do not change speed. My CPU got toasty, like 75+ and it's max is supposed to be 62c. The only problem I've had is that for some reason my MOBO won't crank the fan speed all the way as the profile I set states. If I manually set max 100% of the time, they spin at ~2800 RPM, otherwise, they hit 2000 RPM at 60c even though the profile says to max RPMs at 55c.

pleein123

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014

The H100i has a default fan curve that it follows even without the link installed on the computer. When the cpu gets hot, it should be changing speeds according to it. If it doesn't do that, then I don't know what to tell you other than to call corsair customer service and talk to them. However, since you connected it to the mobo, it should be listening to what you have set it to do. You either made a mistake in the Bios, or the Bios needs to be reset. I can't think of much other than that.

Spaztic One

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2014
CPU Upper Temp i have set to 55c, lower temp is set to 20 I think, CPU Fan Max Duty Cycle(%) is 100, and CPU Fan Min Duty Cycle(%) is 20. It scales as the CPU warms up, but it doesn't max out when it hits 55. I'm sitting at 39c right now, and it's 1250-1300 RPM (so almost 50% RPM speed) and like I said, in my previous post they hit 2000 RPM at 60c even though the profile says to max RPMs at 55c.

I just did some real quick math and I think maybe my MOBO is scaling linearly.
2000(RPM) / 60(c) = 33.3 RPM per degree c
39c * 33.3 RPM = 1300 RPM
it would have to be 50.9 RPM per c for it to hit 2800 RPM at 55c

Elot420

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Well, its been a wile since the creation of this thread but the issue is still present, almost impossible to control the fan speeds for this cooling kit.

My motherboard is an asus x99, that said, a workaround i found useful is to connect the pump to the CPU OPT fan header and the Radiator Fans DIRECTLY TO THE CPU FAN header on the motherboard, some cable management is needed to hide the fan connectors coming out of the pump enclosure and skip them altogether. This way i'm controlling the fan speeds with the AI software included with the motherboard.

Cheers, hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.