[SOLVED] How to allocate RAM to specific programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2020
I was playing Roblox today (lol yes roblox) and my FPS were messed <Mod Edit> up, i couldn't move myself properly because of that, so i thought it could be a memory problem. (I'm very new on PC stuff so go easy on me ;-; ). I really want to get my fps back to 60 but i don't know how. Please help me : D

My Computer specs are:
Intel I7 8700K 3.70GHz
Nvidia GEforce RTX 2060 6gb
HD 1T
16GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz
Windows 10 (64 Bits)

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't tune memory to specific program. You set it up in the BIOS (enable XMP, especially if your RAM speed is advertised as being greater than the max memory frequency of your CPU) and it operates the same for all uses. The OS allocates RAM to running programs automatically.

Have you monitored RAM usage (MB used)?

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
There is probably something else going on if the GPU you have is not steady at 60 FPS in roblox. Its probably just a network error or something that was going on in the game itself. that GPU is a beast of a card that would be more than capable at handling ROblox games higher than 60FPS. Are you sure you have everything up to date and the right cables plugged in to everything? The Display cable isn't plugged into the motherboard right ? it is plugged into the Graphics card port?

Reactions: Pedruv
Aug 13, 2020
There is probably something else going on if the GPU you have is not steady at 60 FPS in roblox. Its probably just a network error or something that was going on in the game itself. that GPU is a beast of a card that would be more than capable at handling ROblox games higher than 60FPS. Are you sure you have everything up to date and the right cables plugged in to everything? The Display cable isn't plugged into the motherboard right ? it is plugged into the Graphics card port?
As i said Im new on those PC things, but as i can see the display cable is plugged on the monitor and on the Graphics card port. I really dont know what is going on, i can run CSGO on 300 fps but roblox is on mere 20-30 fps.

Reactions: brryronnie
Aug 13, 2020
You don't tune memory to specific program. You set it up in the BIOS (enable XMP, especially if your RAM speed is advertised as being greater than the max memory frequency of your CPU) and it operates the same for all uses. The OS allocates RAM to running programs automatically.

Have you monitored RAM usage (MB used)?
I keep my eyes on the task manager, and my ram is maxed on 40% usage (It wont go up even though my fps on roblox still sucks). Even google is using more ram than roblox :/

Aug 13, 2020
Open the program or background application you'd like to allocate memory to, and then right-click the Windows Taskbar and select "Start Task Manager" from the context menu.

Open the "Processes" tab and scroll through the list to your program's process. To confirm that it is the process you want, right-click it and select "Properties." Close the Properties dialog box when done.

Right-click the process again and move your mouse cursor over the "Set Priority" option. The default option is Normal, and is already selected. Select "Above Normal" or "High" to allocate additional memory to the process.

Close the Task Manager. Your memory allocation takes effect immediately.

(on google)

Reactions: Endre

Protonwrangler

Honorable
Jan 1, 2015
Select "Above Normal" or "High" to allocate additional memory to the process.

Close the Task Manager. Your memory allocation takes effect immediately. (on google)
That is adjusting CPU priority, not memory allocation. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

{I'm a former developer at Microsoft for OS/2 and LAN Manager, this is the way it's worked since first Windows NT in 1993}

Status
Not open for further replies.