How to allow gmail access to phone calendar, but not allow me access to that email account on my phone?

Apr 27, 2015
Hi!

I have 2 gmail accounts on my phone - one for personal, one for business. I have become slightly addicted to checking my business email and it distracts me from what I should be doing.

Today I removed the business gmail from my android phone and had a far more productive day. Unfortunately, I noticed that doing this removed any business related calendar entries I had on my phone. Not ideal!

Is there a way to still sync the calendar entries, but not be able to access the business gmail, while still having access to my personal email?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi!

I have 2 gmail accounts on my phone - one for personal, one for business. I have become slightly addicted to checking my business email and it distracts me from what I should be doing.

Today I removed the business gmail from my android phone and had a far more productive day. Unfortunately, I noticed that doing this removed any business related calendar entries I had on my phone. Not ideal!

Is there a way to still sync the calendar entries, but not be able to access the business gmail, while still having access to my personal email?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!
You can share your work Google calendar with your personal e-mail. That is how my wife and I see each other's calendars. Your work calendar can show up on your personal Google calendar.