How to Auto-Match Language Bar Based on Website Visited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hello,

I have multi-lingual keyboard in Windows 7. I am looking for a way to have OS typing language switched depending on what website is being visited or even what software is being run.

For example, when surfing websites, if website is in Russian, the language bar switches from English to Russian. Ditto for English website, should I surf website in English after I have surfed Russian. This functionality should work even when switching tabs too.

Does anyone know if there's something that accomplishes this or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Windows 7 and up allows to set independent input language on per-application basis. The function are asking for could be browser functionality, since only the browser knows what language the page you're looking at is declared in.

Being multi-language user by myself, I find per-app separation enough. You could use eg Firefox for Russian, Opera for German, Chrome for English. At end of all, pressing <Ctrl><Shift> (the way I configure keyboard switching) is not that hard.

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Not hard but I am of those who are of notion that even smallest things make tangible difference. In my case having several running browsers is not an option and launching specifically set browser of one language to complete something quick is not what I would want. From your response I gathered that there is no currently browser that is capable of switching OS input language based on language of website it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.