How to Avoid Buying a Fake CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
Also check the seller. I bought a memory card off Amazon that turned out to be a fake and when I contacted SanDisk about it they said to look out for overseas sellers that aren't directly from places like Amazon or Newegg and sure enough I did, and I wasn't the only one who bought a fake SanDisk memory product. Thankfully Amazon refunded all my money and it's one of those things where you get what you pay for.

Jan 23, 2020
I definitely disagree on the seemingly over the top worry regarding eBay purchases.

EBay protects buyers to a comical degree.

There is NO situation where you could be sent a fake processor and not get your money back. You wouldn't even pay shipping to return the fake one. It would just be a costly nuisance for the fraudulent seller.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I definitely disagree on the seemingly over the top worry regarding eBay purchases.

EBay protects buyers to a comical degree.

There is NO situation where you could be sent a fake processor and not get your money back. You wouldn't even pay shipping to return the fake one. It would just be a costly nuisance for the fraudulent seller.
Absolutely correct. In fact, you can buy the real thing and return a fake and eBay will downgrade the seller's status if he contests the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.