[SOLVED] How to backup Moto g6 phone (Android 9 build PPSS29.118-15-11-9)

FredRdr88

Honorable
May 26, 2017
HI, I am in the process of reading prior posts about backing up my Android Motorola g6 phone. So far I cannot MTP browse on any of Windows 7, Windows 10, or Linux. My OS's know there is a phone there, I just cannot get at the files yet.

So I guess I need to get it to USB battery switch over to data but I don't yet see any USB icon when I swipe down? Is this one of those you have to go into
developer debug mode?

Also, is there another way to backup my phone's files - say using bluetooth or some other way? I'm open to any way to transfer the files - it doesn't have to be
via a USB cable if there are other ways.

I had no problems backing up my old Windows phone to Windows 7.

Any help appreciated as I don't see how to switch modes yet from charging to data transfer.
Thanks.

Solution
If you connect your phone to a Google account, you can configure it t backup to Google. This will also backup / sync contacts and other non-file data.

And there are plenty of apps to access Android' phone content over WiFi from another computer, and for accessing shared folders from Android.
If you connect your phone to a Google account, you can configure it t backup to Google. This will also backup / sync contacts and other non-file data.

And there are plenty of apps to access Android' phone content over WiFi from another computer, and for accessing shared folders from Android.

Solution