[SOLVED] How to backup the contents of my phone manually

waheedsawar

Prominent
Jul 2, 2018
I am trying to determine what contents of my phone I am trying to back up so I can restore (use) them on a new phone I bought . From what I understand, I should backup (and remember) the following:

Apps / App data

Files (Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc.)

Settings (I don't know how to backup the settings to a new phone

Anything else I should consider so I make sure I backup everything I need?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Solution
You go to your phone settings > Accounts > Google Account and choose your Google account. Now from the top-right drop-down menu, click on sync.

It should automatically sync your contacts, bookmarks, calendar and keep notes.

However, for app data, you would need a powerful app like Helium installed on both your smartphone and desktop.

If you think it's too hard for you, then simply copy-paste the contents of your phone into your PC.

NOTE: USB-debugging must be enabled to let your phone connect with a computer.

If you want to do it wirelessly, then download an app called Es File Explorer File Manager. Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same wifi network. Now, select remote management and paste the ftp address in...

Sagar_20

Distinguished
You go to your phone settings > Accounts > Google Account and choose your Google account. Now from the top-right drop-down menu, click on sync.

It should automatically sync your contacts, bookmarks, calendar and keep notes.

However, for app data, you would need a powerful app like Helium installed on both your smartphone and desktop.

If you think it's too hard for you, then simply copy-paste the contents of your phone into your PC.

NOTE: USB-debugging must be enabled to let your phone connect with a computer.

If you want to do it wirelessly, then download an app called Es File Explorer File Manager. Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same wifi network. Now, select remote management and paste the ftp address in your computers windows explorer.

If you don't want to use a computer, then try "Super Backup & Restore".

Last edited:
Solution