Info How to be fully prepared about doing format to PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smksx

Prominent
Apr 2, 2020
As a begginer programmer student i'm trying to find a way to earn few money. I know plenty of people searching for someone to format their systems so it's like i'm going to self-hire myself for the job. And i wanna be prepared.

Things i wanna do:
  1. Backup (I need techniques to achive a simple "couple of files" backup up to huge amount of data backups)
  2. Use a disk wiping tool (I use DBAN for that, but i wanna know is there is something as good as that but faster)
  3. Install OS ( The OS's i'm going to install are Windows 7/10 and Ubuntu. I want 64bit and 32bit for all of them. )
  4. Installing some kinds of softwares like word or OpenOffice directly without the need to download them.

So as amauter in this kind of stuff i need your opinion in few things.

Can i do all of the above (except the big backup) in an all-in-one device?
When format my laptop, i running DBAN and Linux installer i used a USB and rufus doing 2 formats, one for DBAN and when that was over one to use the linux install. Can i have a multibut USB for the job? I searched about some softwares and i found WinSetupFrom USB, it also does backup but can it run linux and DBAN?

Also if there is a software to do the 1,2,3 in an all-in-one device, any help to achive 4?

Help for your time. It's appreciated

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Backup (I need techniques to achive a simple "couple of files" backup up to huge amount of data backups)
  2. Use a disk wiping tool (I use DBAN for that, but i wanna know is there is something as good as that but faster)
  3. Install OS ( The OS's i'm going to install are Windows 7/10 and Ubuntu. I want 64bit and 32bit for all of them. )
  4. Installing some kinds of softwares like word or OpenOffice directly without the need to download them.

Also if there is a software to do the 1,2,3 in an all-in-one device, any help to achive 4?
  1. No. Users data may be all over the place. You WILL have to look around for it.
  2. May not be needed, and do NOT use this on a solid state drive. If the user is keeping this same drive, simply reformat during the OS install.
  3. OK. Of course, each circumstance is a little different.
  4. ninite.com (but it WILL need to "download" the data).
  5. What is your fallback plan and guarantee for when things go bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS