Question How to be sure these messed up "Read-Only" settings are isolated to "3D Objects" only ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I was trying to update the "3D Objects" folder in Windows 10, and applied the "unset read only" command to the entire folder (and sub-folders). It was a stupid mistake I know, but it was unintentional because I wasn't paying attention to the folder properties I had open at the time. I tried to reset these settings back to default, but it's giving Photoshop a program error now (as I had some presets saved there). Long story short, I'm going to reinstall Photoshop and move the files away from there to a fresh folder.

But can I assume that the screw-up of these settings was isolated to just the "3D Objects" folder and sub-folders? This would not have cascaded over into any other Windows directories right? I want to make sure this issue is just isolated to that one area. I didn't apply settings to anything else other than 3D Objects."

USAFRet

Titan
Most folders in Win 10/11 are 'read only' if you just look at the Properties.
This is a function of the OS.

When need to write something to that folder or file, the OS makes it write capable, for that moment.

Being 'read only' is NOT a problem to be solved.

TRENDING THREADS