Question How to boot 970 Samsung Evo Plus

Sep 5, 2019
Hi there
I am having a trouble booting this drive. I have spent about 4 full days doing it on my own with all the help of known internet wisdom but I end up all the time failing.
How far I can go:
Basically I install my NVMe disc, plug the windows 10 boot stick in(GPT), BIOS set to UEFI.
Boot from the stick
Clean disc.
Start installing
Complete first installation
Reboot
-----------------------
Couldn't do anything to make it boot after that reboot.
When i go to BIOS it's visible but not as one of the boot option.

I tried on my laptop GP72MVR 7RFX Leopard Pro
and on my desktop:
i7 6700k
Z170x-Gaming
16GB Ram
Ge-force 980 TI
Both with the same result.
What i did during the process is:
Cleaned the disc with discpart, make sure it's GPT not MBR but i did try that possibility too. Tried to clone it but size of the sector that NVMe got is a bollocks. Tried to install it with and without any other discs attached. BIOS are up-to-date in both cases. Tried every option in that god damn BIOS to make it happend with CSM without. I'm on the edge right now. Maybe i got wrong part or something but I'm not good enough to define that. And on the other hand if I try to use it as storage it works completly fine. Write and read speed also fine. I did bunch of stuff i didn't mention here because i lost track half way to now. But I am still willing to do it properly whatever it takes. So if anyone have some thoughts and kind to share I am here.
Bless
PS: If i missed to give some important info let me know never post about problems like that and don't know everything what you need to make it as easy as possible to you heroes.

Sep 5, 2019
By windows media creation tool, and with rufus like this
69632153_722659894894547_522144126272012288_n.jpg

If bootloader is located only on 840 evo, then you can boot from it only.
For 970 evo to be bootable, it needs bootloader too.

This happens, if you install windows with multiple drives connected and bootloader already existing on one of them.
New bootloader is not being created in this situation.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?

Sep 5, 2019
If bootloader is located only on 840 evo, then you can boot from it only.
For 970 evo to be bootable, it needs bootloader too.

This happens, if you install windows with multiple drives connected and bootloader already existing on one of them.
New bootloader is not being created in this situation.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?
As I said before i did it with and without any disc attached. The screenshots provided are just so you know how it looks inside if it would be diffrent without i will mention or just do it all over again for you if that's is your idea.

Yes. Interesting.
Might be - BIOS update could solve this.

Another option - you can use bootloader from 840 evo to load windows from 970 evo.
Assign letter H: to 100mb EFI system partition on Disk 0.
Execute from elevated command prompt:
bcdboot D:\windows /s H:

Sep 5, 2019
Yes. Interesting.
Might be - BIOS update could solve this.

Another option - you can use bootloader from 840 evo to load windows from 970 evo.
Assign letter H: to 100mb EFI system partition on Disk 0.
Execute from elevated command prompt:
bcdboot D:\windows /s H:
1st BIOS is updated fully.
2nd It says Failure when attempting to copy boot files
69592522_505194766947495_3936516626920243200_n.jpg