How to boot a newly built pc with windows usb and how to connect monitor to pc via display port?

Jul 8, 2018
I have a pc that I am currently building. To boot the system I need to use a windows10 usb. The one I bought already done for me has the following instructions:
*Enter bios and set usb as a first bootable device or find key to to bring up boot list, etc*
Instead of that, will simply inserting the usb and powering the pc work ?
Also how do you connect a monitor to a pc via display port?

Solution

The port on the GPU is exposed at the back of the case.
Once you get it put together, it will become obvious.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
First question- you can TRY to just insert the usb and start, but probably won't work. You will need to go into BIOS...it is very easy and not as scary as it might sound. Let us know if you have no idea how to proceed...you sound like you might not have much experience with this.

Second question - I'm not sure what you're asking...I mean plug one end into your monitor and plug the other end into your graphics card (if you have one), or just one of the motherboard outputs if you don't. Most motherboards and monitors these days natively support DisplayPort, but if yours don't you may have to get an adapter.

Jul 8, 2018
@luckymatt42
System: rx580 8gb asrock ab350m 2x4gb 2400mhz corsair vs 550w.
So I plug my display port into my monitor then the other end in my case in the GPU? How would I close the case/ any other way? Thanks so far.

USAFRet

Titan

The port on the GPU is exposed at the back of the case.
Once you get it put together, it will become obvious.

Solution