How to boot Dell Inspiron Win 8 from dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah0775

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Ok I'm trying to boot this computer from disk; however, when I hit f12 and then go to but it uses something like aemi or uefi boot. As far as I can tell there are no obvious options to change the boot order. I do know for sure there is an option to add a boot option. When I do this I can enter in a name of the boot, but I cannot/ don't know how to add a boot from disk. I do know for sure when I go to boot it has ipv4 and ipv6 below the uefi boot, and some options are unable to be selected.

Basically what I'm seeing can be seen in this dell thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/p/19483181/20300485.aspx

However, I'm not trying to do what they are doing. I'm trying to delete/ crack my password because I forgot it and now I cannot log into windows.

I'm not exactly the best with computers so the more detailed step by step answer you provide if you have an answer the better. But please don't let this stop you from answering. I would appreciate any answers.

sarah0775

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Yes what I'm trying to use is a password eraser tool.I have gone to F2 as well but there is nothing obvious that shows how to boot from a dvd/ cd. I have a HP and I was able to easily see how to change the boot order. There is nothing obvious on the dell. I tested the software on the HP I had a bit of a learning curve, but at least I could change the boot order, I cannot even figure out how to do that on the Dell.

sarah0775

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

ok so I change it to legacy. Hit f12 to go back into the bios and change the boot order? After I do that will it automatically boot from disk?

I know with my HP I have to tell it boot from disk, save, exit, and then when it is booting hit f10 to boot from disk. do I have to do something similar for the Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS