How to boot from USB flash drive on ABIT BE7-RAID

hopkdon98

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I used the fedora live USB creator to create a bootable flash drive for Linux. Install went fine on the USB flash drive (PNY/4.0GB). I have an ABIT BE7-RAID mother board and have tried all kinds of things in the BIOS utility to get it to boot from the USB Drive. Nothing works. Anyone know how I can get this to work? Many thanks!

hopkdon98

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the reply. This MB uses the Del. key to enter the BIOS setup utility. Unfortunately there is no boot option for USB that I can find. It shows a ZIP/100 option, and a LS120 option, along with the usual HDD-0, HDD-1, HDD-2, HDD-3, Floppy, SCSI, ATA133RAID and LAN, but none of those worked. The ZIP/100 "smelled" like it may be the right choice, but I guess not. I don't know what LS120 is. The rest of the options I understand.

The Abit BE7-RAID is an old motherboard so there is no guarantee that it will work.

Did you power on the computer with the bootable USB flash drive already plugged into a USB socket?

If you're unable to see the bootable USB flash drive listed in the bootable devices list then you obviously can't set that device as the first boot device in the boot order.

The USB flash drive must be visible and selectable within the BIOS Setup Utility or you're out of luck getting it to work. The file system and boot sector on the bootable USB flash drive must also be supported.

TRENDING THREADS