[SOLVED] How To Boot From USB On An Asus Z390-A

speeed

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I am attempting to boot from a USB drive on the motherboard listed above. I can't find that particular boot option in the BIOS menu. Is this even possible? From what I understand I can set the PC to boot from USB in Windows 10, yes? If so, how do I set it back? I want to perform some network diagnostics outside of Windows using Linux loaded from a USB drive and I have no idea how that would restore the original boot order if I can't access Windows.

Solution
I am attempting to boot from a USB drive on the motherboard listed above. I can't find that particular boot option in the BIOS menu. Is this even possible? From what I understand I can set the PC to boot from USB in Windows 10, yes? If so, how do I set it back? I want to perform some network diagnostics outside of Windows using Linux loaded from a USB drive and I have no idea how that would restore the original boot order if I can't access Windows.
Microsoft got rid of Windows to Go (for Enterprise and Education versions only) so you can use a free Live Linux stick that will not affect your current W10 install. Just use Unetbootin to create your Live stick and the program lets you select and will download the Linux...

RealBeast

Titan
Microsoft got rid of Windows to Go (for Enterprise and Education versions only) so you can use a free Live Linux stick that will not affect your current W10 install. Just use Unetbootin to create your Live stick and the program lets you select and will download the Linux version that you want.

Simply boot from the USB stick, I use it all the time as a repair tool.

Solution