[SOLVED] How to boot to a windows drive

Mar 23, 2020
So I had a computer running Ubuntu and I wanted to wipe it and install windows instead.
So I formatted my SSD (which held ubuntu) and plugged in a bootable USB drive created using windows media creation tool.
I thought my computer would go into a bois menu and I could choose to boot from the USB.
But instead, I was sent to a grub rescue terminal. I tried to turn it off and on again holding different keys, (f2,f8,f12,esc,del) but no bios menu came up.
I tried to find a way to reset it back to factory settings but to no avail.
Then I found something that would allow me to reset the CMOS which I thought would reset my motherboard to factory settings and i would finally be able to see a BIOS menu.
But now I see a black screen with no video output.

Any ideas on what to do?

I understand I have messed up, but is there a way to reset everything back to factory settings as if its brand new?

Solution
The MediaCreation tool is used to create the actual bootable USB.
Not to boot from that.

The first part of this outlines the process:

USAFRet

Titan
The MediaCreation tool is used to create the actual bootable USB.
Not to boot from that.

The first part of this outlines the process:

Solution
The OP said "plugged in a bootable USB drive created using windows media creation tool", so it sounds like he was doing the right procedure. Exactly what did you do to reset your CMOS? Unplug all drives and try to boot your system. If it does not boot to the BIOS, you may have fried your Motherboard.