[SOLVED] How to buy genuine graphics card online and identify if it's fake?

Jan 30, 2021
Can you guys help me buy some low profile graphics card for my ssf pc, I bought the fake gt 730 from lazada which I already got refunded, now all I need to know is how to identify if the graphics card they're selling is real/genuine and not fake? I been searching for 1gb or 2gb low profile graphics card but all i see is like fake graphics card so It's difficult for me to buy new graphics card for my pc :(

Solution
What is your current make/model of pc?
Why are you looking for a graphics card.
It is good that lazada refunded your purchase, but I would avoid them in the future.

GT730 is a low performance card. If your objective is for gaming, I think you are wasting your money on something like that.
Do not buy a card on specs like vram.
The amount of vram on a card will be appropriate to the performance capability of that card.
Use Tom's GPU hierarchy chart as a guide:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
GT730 is somewhat equivalent to intel HD630 graphics that is suitable for desktop work as well as playing HD video.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Can you guys help me buy some low profile graphics card for my ssf pc, I bought the fake gt 730 from lazada which I already got refunded, now all I need to know is how to identify if the graphics card they're selling is real/genuine and not fake? I been searching for 1gb or 2gb low profile graphics card but all i see is like fake graphics card so It's difficult for me to buy new graphics card for my pc :(
Well buy from a trustworthy store or don't buy at all! All Manufacturers like (Asus,Msi,Gigabyte,Evga,etc) have their own label on the gpu for example Msi has something called Chk code which is on the back of the pcb we use that to register msi products on msi website.Also compare the s/n on the box to the one on the card.

Reactions: JustRedy and Krotow
Go look at reviews so you can see photos of rear socket shapes and layout and also where serial numbers and stickers should be.
As others have said if the price is unbeatable then you could be going for a fake.

People who make counterfeit electrical anything really annoy me , their main aim is to take sales away from the genuine article.
Most of the time you might not know if something is fake until it does something like catch fire and put somebody's life at risk.
If their production lines are good enough to produce the goods then why cant they produce fake safe items.

Reactions: JustRedy and Krotow
What is your current make/model of pc?
Why are you looking for a graphics card.
It is good that lazada refunded your purchase, but I would avoid them in the future.

GT730 is a low performance card. If your objective is for gaming, I think you are wasting your money on something like that.
Do not buy a card on specs like vram.
The amount of vram on a card will be appropriate to the performance capability of that card.
Use Tom's GPU hierarchy chart as a guide:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
GT730 is somewhat equivalent to intel HD630 graphics that is suitable for desktop work as well as playing HD video.

Solution