How to bypass popup to turn on/off WIFI internet connection

hi2u

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
Hi,
Dell Inspiron IM10-2727. When I press the wireless internet connection button (F2), a popup comes up, requiring me to tick/untick a box, then click OK, before the connection is turned on or off. Is there a way to bypass the popup and just have the connection turn on/off by pressing F2?
Thank you very much for the help.

Solution
No, the tick/untick requirement is designed to avoid turning off WiFi accidentally, which could happen if all it needed was a key press, a child messing with the keyboard, or even your pet cat walking across it. (yes it does happen).

hi2u

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
Thank you for the quick response.
That is so annoying! I am used to Inspiron 1545 that does not have this requirement, and it is so easy to turn it on/off in a second. And it is not a problem to have the cat turn it off. A simple press of the button brings it right back on.

Do you know if all newer laptops have this requirement? I'm thinking of buying a new laptop, but this is driving me crazy. I only surf/email through WiFi and keep it on only when needed. I figure it makes it a lot less attractive to hackers.
Thanks again.