Question How to ByPass TPM 2.0 Check on a Game in Windows 11?

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Hello, recently I had encountered an issue with the ftpm , it was causing stuttering in games which proved to be an issue in gameplay, as a result I had to disable secure device support in bios, so I lately installed Valorant intending to play and I got an error message about not having TPM 2.0 enabled, this issue is well known however I would like to ask if there is a way to bypass that and be considered TPM 2.0 Secure without actually having the faulty feature enabled in the bios.
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
I love how the only results for disabling the check in Valorant, just show how to turn secure boot on. Some days I want to hurt Google search

looks like you have a choice, turn on tpm and get stutters just to play Valorant, or don't play Valorant. Vanguard is a pain, it has more access to CPU than most drivers do. It thinks it owns your PC.

Last edited:

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
I love how the only results for disabling the check in Valorant, just show how to turn secure boot on. Some days I want to hurt Google search

looks like you have a choice, turn on tpm and get stutters just to play Valorant, or don't play Valorant. Vanguard is a pain, it has more access to CPU than most drivers do. It thinks it owns your PC.

Do you think that Vanguard is something that makes players to not approach the game for ethical reasons?
Usually there are ways to bypass or fake a setting and as far as features go this is still brand new and experimental in the windows environment so I did not find it okay that they kept it as a requirement.

Anyhow I guess I will wait and see... Yes google and youtube results are mostly about turning on the secure boot option but that is obviously not an option for now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its more a security concern I have, Vanguard gives itself ring 0 access. Nothing apart from windows needs that much.

The kernel, which is at the heart of the operating system and has access to everything, can access Ring 0. The code that runs here is said to be in kernel mode. Kernel-mode processes have the potential to affect the entire system. If something goes wrong here, the system would most likely crash. Because this ring has direct access to both CPU and system memory.
https://www.baeldung.com/cs/os-rings#1-ring-0
I feel it would be difficult to hide anything from it at that level
I also feel its way too much control to give something that is only there for one game. Vanguard thinks it owns the PC and you have to do what it says. It can block other programs from running.

drivers only get ring 1 access.

If vanguard believed what system told it, it wouldn't need Ring 0. Then you could maybe fake it, but the battle against piracy and cheating has led to point where they have to fully control PC to let you install the game and play it. Who do you blame? its an arms race and where does the paying customer draw the line? (if its free, this is a difficult line to draw)

I wouldn't play game myself. The only answer is to not do it... I feel its way too much to expect for one game.

Are you sure stutters were ftpm?
I was getting one a week and it turned out to be latency. Seemingly caused by GPU drivers.
have you run this? https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Last edited:

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Its more a security concern I have, Vanguard gives itself ring 0 access. Nothing apart from windows needs that much.

https://www.baeldung.com/cs/os-rings#1-ring-0
I feel it would be difficult to hide anything from it at that level
I also feel its way too much control to give something that is only there for one game. Vanguard thinks it owns the PC and you have to do what it says. It can block other programs from running.

drivers only get ring 1 access.

If vanguard believed what system told it, it wouldn't need Ring 0. Then you could maybe fake it, but the battle against piracy and cheating has led to point where they have to fully control PC to let you install the game and play it. Who do you blame? its an arms race and where does the paying customer draw the line? (if its free, this is a difficult line to draw)

I wouldn't play game myself. The only answer is to not do it... I feel its way too much to expect for one game.

Are you sure stutters were ftpm?
I was getting one a week and it turned out to be latency. Seemingly caused by GPU drivers.
have you run this? https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
yes latencymon seems stable on my system all good on that regard.

TRENDING THREADS