Question How to calculate each group percentage cut in google spreadsheet

MadaChange

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015
18
0
10,510
0
I want to calculate each group percentage cut base on how much money they put in and I want Group 1 to have a +5% more over the others.

So I have this Spreadsheet screenshot, but Im still having problem how I will calculate the +5% more of Group 1.
 

kanewolf

Titan
Moderator
I want to calculate each group percentage cut base on how much money they put in and I want Group 1 to have a +5% more over the others.

So I have this Spreadsheet screenshot, but Im still having problem how I will calculate the +5% more of Group 1.
When you say 5% more than the others. Do you mean 5% more than all the others or 5% more than an individual ?
If it is all the others then the group1 has to have 52.5% of the total. That leaves 47.5% for the other three groups so that there is a 5% of the total difference.
 

MadaChange

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015
18
0
10,510
0
When you say 5% more than the others. Do you mean 5% more than all the others or 5% more than an individual ?
If it is all the others then the group1 has to have 52.5% of the total. That leaves 47.5% for the other three groups so that there is a 5% of the total difference.
I mean 5% more than all the others and 52.5% and 47.5% If they have all equal share.
But how about if they have unequal shares and group 1 still 5% more than all of the other groups how do you calculate that?
 

kanewolf

Titan
Moderator
Im maybe dumb but how do you apply that formula to work in google spreadsheet.
Assuming A2 - A5 are the "rest" of the values with values of 100, 200, 150, 75
A1 = (sum(a2:a5)/47.5%)*52.5%
A1 = 580.2632 == 52.5% of the total of a1 - a5.

Value Percent
580.26​
52.5%​
100.00​
9.0%​
200.00​
18.1%​
150.00​
13.6%​
75.00​
6.8%​
100.0%​
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Apps and Software 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS