[SOLVED] How to Cancel Noise of AC current on ADSL Cable

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

We have a weird wiring where in some areas, ADSL cable which is connecting from telephone line over splitter to model will pass near AC cable and we face instable internet. When we investigate we figure out AC cables causing the problem. Someone said we can use aluminum foil to block noise. So I am wondering how to wrap aluminum to prevent all noises in area when AC cable and telephone are near each other.
Please advise me on this issue.

Thank you

Solution
Aluminum foil will not likely do much. The key to any type of shield cable is the grounding. I suppose you could somehow figure out a way to ground your aluminum foil. If you actually have a issue I would buy shielded cable. Shielded telephone cable is actually fairly common since it is/was used for leased line circuits.
Be you find a way to connect the shield to a ground. There likely is grounding block near the entrance for the phone lines.
Aluminum foil will not likely do much. The key to any type of shield cable is the grounding. I suppose you could somehow figure out a way to ground your aluminum foil. If you actually have a issue I would buy shielded cable. Shielded telephone cable is actually fairly common since it is/was used for leased line circuits.
Be you find a way to connect the shield to a ground. There likely is grounding block near the entrance for the phone lines.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS