Oct 23, 2019
Hii legends.. i download aircrack ng tool for wifi hacking.. how to capture handshake in wifi.. I try in wireshark bt it's not capture.. wireshark capture only a connected network.. #suggestionsplease

Solution
It has been a long time since I used those tools. Everything is encrypted and Mimo makes it very hard to get good interceptions even if it wasn't.

Simple handshake should still be visible. I forget which of the "air" tools does it but one of them captures to a file.

Key problem is not all wifi devices can be put in promiscuous mode and I think microsoft still has that command overridden so you tend to always need a linux based system and getting wifi drivers is harder. The wifi driver must have support for the promiscuous command.
It has been a long time since I used those tools. Everything is encrypted and Mimo makes it very hard to get good interceptions even if it wasn't.

Simple handshake should still be visible. I forget which of the "air" tools does it but one of them captures to a file.

Key problem is not all wifi devices can be put in promiscuous mode and I think microsoft still has that command overridden so you tend to always need a linux based system and getting wifi drivers is harder. The wifi driver must have support for the promiscuous command.

Reactions: premantony73
Solution