[SOLVED] How to catch a hacker?

theseawulf

Commendable
May 30, 2021
My computers are being hacked. Only my computers and as far as I can tell it's not to commit a theft of data so much as to annoy me to death. Probably someone I know. I'd like to know for sure that no one is getting direct access to my windows 10 pc via the internet(or any other means). Are there any software in existence today that would enable a person to covertly control or interfere with my system through the web?

The behavior is: Mouse clicks and keyboard strokes firing when not being pressed. Mouse clicks and keyboard strokes not firing when being pressed. Sluggish control of the mouse as if it slows down/speeds up or varies speed, apps tabbing by themselves, wireless internet connection disconnecting by itself(when there's no network trouble or internet issues), web camera has activated by itself, and I feel like the hackers are following me on websites and talking to me surreptitiously on social media. Full screen applications minimize out of full screen, and Windows acts as if it's thinking/launching a program/transmitting data. Like some sort of windowless/GUI'less program is activating and causing the system to lag and switch apps or minimize full screen apps.

Please any help would be appreciated getting my technology secure because someone else is in control of it now and this has been going on for a long time..
I'd find a super geeky friend to blame for maybe just trying to mess with me, but this feels like government level or advanced business tools. I've had business and government level friends which is what's got me a little bit paranoid tbh(One of them runs an internet security company). Either way it's happening and that's a fact. I really really need to get it to stop.

No MacAfee is going to help with my problem :\

Last edited:
Solution
Time for a full wipe and reinstallation of genuine MS Windows. Not some crap you found for free on the net. IMO those are all infected. You don't even need a license to run win10 for free. it works fine without activating it. You need a full military wipe on your HDD, See Dban for that.

Throw out your wireless devices. mouse, keybd, & wifi adapter.
Disable Blutooth. (possibly in bios if your motherbd has it built ini)
Turn off Wifi on your router.
Strictly wired for you.

[if you have a prebuilt then you might not have all these settings below. Such as HP, Lenovo, Dell... ]
Turn off remote management functions of your bios. Intel Vpro or AMT. AMD IPMI or DASH.
Turn off all 'Wake on' setting in the bios. Don't sleep your PC...

popatim

Titan
Time for a full wipe and reinstallation of genuine MS Windows. Not some crap you found for free on the net. IMO those are all infected. You don't even need a license to run win10 for free. it works fine without activating it. You need a full military wipe on your HDD, See Dban for that.

Strictly wired for you.

[if you have a prebuilt then you might not have all these settings below. Such as HP, Lenovo, Dell... ]
Turn off remote management functions of your bios. Intel Vpro or AMT. AMD IPMI or DASH.
Turn off all 'Wake on' setting in the bios. Don't sleep your PC, shut it down every time. (When you def need sleep mode then you can wake it by pressing the power button)
Set a bios password, write it down in a code/clue only you will know/understand. Like password is JackieChan then your clue might be 'Fav action star' (cant enter the bios without it)
Set a system password similar to above (cant boot up without it)
Set a windows password similar to above (can't log in without it)

Make your first windows account an admin account and only use it for admin functions. Make your second account a standard user and this is the one that you will use daily; only using your admin credentials to make changes or install/remove software. (a pop-up will appear asking for them.) You can always rt click something and select 'Run as Admin" (sometimes this is under a 'more>' option after you rt click) If you get a pop-up asking for your admin credentials be sure you know why it popped up. If its for an update then cancel it and manually go to the sight and download & install the update. Fake update pop-ups are common on sites to get you to install unwanted things.
Don't forget to write clues to your passwords as well as your admin credentials.
Keep these hidden on on you at all times.
Don't install iffy software. IMO, like cracked windows, they are all pre-infected.
Watch what you consume. Alcohol, drugs & sex are the primary tools of spycraft. Loose lips sink ships.

Solution

theseawulf

Commendable
May 30, 2021

Strictly wired for you.

Turn off all 'Wake on' setting in the bios. Don't sleep your PC, shut it down every time. (When you def need sleep mode then you can wake it by pressing the power button)
Set a bios password, write it down in a code/clue only you will know/understand. Like password is JackieChan then your clue might be 'Fav action star' (cant enter the bios without it)
Set a system password similar to above (cant boot up without it)
Set a windows password similar to above (can't log in without it)

Make your first windows account an admin account and only use it for admin functions. Make your second account a standard user and this is the one that you will use daily; only using your admin credentials to make changes or install/remove software. (a pop-up will appear asking for them.) You can always rt click something and select 'Run as Admin" (sometimes this is under a 'more>' option after you rt click) If you get a pop-up asking for your admin credentials be sure you know why it popped up. If its for an update then cancel it and manually go to the sight and download & install the update. Fake update pop-ups are common on sites to get you to install unwanted things.
Don't forget to write clues to your passwords as well as your admin credentials.
Keep these hidden on on you at all times.
Don't install iffy software. IMO, like cracked windows, they are all pre-infected.
Watch what you consume. Alcohol, drugs & sex are the primary tools of spycraft. Loose lips sink ships.

Thank you for your response. I've done very similar things in the past. But there are some things you listed I haven't tried yet and will give it a go!
I have noticed this strange behavior across multiple devices. It all started at one of my most recent jobs. It started on business computers they had me using. Then I began to notice it occurring on my personal devices too.

My most recent attempt to correct this was to purchase a bran new pc. So I got a new Dell and low and behold it's started acting the same too.
I'm worried that these steps will only throw the hacker off for a little while and then he'll just find me again somehow.

I'll do the things you listed and let you know how it goes!

Ralston18

Titan
Seconding @Nemesia

Also, if the problems are occurring at work:

"It all started at one of my most recent jobs. It started on business computers they had me using. "

Then do be sure to report the problems to your employer.

Otherwise you may end up having reinfections going back and forth.

And not reporting the problem may put you/your job into jeopardy.

Last edited: